Are you a currently a rising Junior, Senior or recent grad seeking a 2021 summer internship with a premier law firm? Are you a member of a historically under-represented minority group in the legal profession? This summer, you could gain unparalleled experience working with our professional support departments. If you are looking to gain insight into Big Law working alongside smart, savvy forward-thinkers, this summer program could be the perfect fit. Our paid internship program will provide you with the opportunity to gain law firm experience and build your network by working with some of the best lawyers and staff in the legal profession. The program provides outstanding students whom have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, and community involvement with the opportunity to see, experience, and benefit from working with talented legal and business colleagues.
Who is Orrick? Orrick is a global law firm focused on serving the technology & innovation, energy & infrastructure and finance sectors. Founded more than 150 years ago in San Francisco, Orrick today has offices in 25+ markets worldwide. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality legal advice through our diverse teams and for our culture of innovation and collaboration. Financial Times selected Orrick as the Most Digital Firm of 2020, and in the past five years, the Most Innovative Law Firm of the Year three times and runner-up twice. For the sixth year in a row, Fortune named Orrick to its 2021 list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Learn more about our awesome employee experience here: Fortune 100 Great Place To Work certified company.
We provide excellent service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. We champion a culture that is committed to excellence, but is also fun, inclusive and real. Orrick is committed to its diversity, equity and inclusion initiative. Inclusiveness is a core value that shapes the way the firm is run. It’s part of a daily conversation about investing in talent, staffing teams and measuring success.
Responsibilities – In this role, you will be working to support our professional support departments such as Finance, Innovation, Lawyer Development, Marketing, etc.
- After completing a full week of training, you will participate in organized events and work with an assigned mentor during feedback and shadowing sessions.
- You will look for ways to streamline processes and procedures, identify new and expanded uses for existing technologies and contribute to our environment of innovation.
- In addition, you will, attend department meetings and set up informational conversations to gain added insights in and out of the assigned department(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited 4-year undergraduate program and be either a 2021 junior or senior to apply
- Must have a minimum 3.0 GPA to be considered
- Familiarity with the MS suite, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong verbal and communications skills
- Flexibility working with various departments
- Possess an enthusiastic approach to client service, and strong organization/time management skills
- Research and proofreading ability
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
If you are looking for a chance to get exposure to Big Law, possibly considering Law School in the future, you have grit and you love working with a team, we want to talk with you.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Paralegal and Professional Staff listing at www.orrick.com/en/Careers. Please submit a school transcript (official or unofficial)
No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Consistent with the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, an arrest and conviction record will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring