At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
As a Software Engineer, Network Services Intern, you will be working in our IT Networking Infra team on network orchestration and automation tools like Terraform and Ansible. The team consists of Network & Software Engineers focused primarily on network infrastructure management, network automation etc.
Some examples of past Intern projects:
- Using python to create monitoring dashboard using django and mongodb
- Using NGFW APIs to achieve programmatic control of palo alto networks firewalls
- Best practices for firewall security management
Our Summer Internship Program from May-August or June-September provides you:
- 1:1 mentorship
- Fun and engaging events that inspire your intellectual curiosity
- The opportunity to expand your knowledge and work on challenging projects
- Connections to other recent grads, and employees across the company as well as our leaders
- Exposure to learning advanced Terraform and Ansible for orchestration and configuration management
- Overall experience with Systems deployment, config management, and operations
- Ability to code in Python (advanced scripting as part of Network automation)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Ability to analyze and redesign business process workflows
- Computer science or Electrical engineering preferred
- Proficiency in Python, Go or Bash
- Working knowledge of Load Balancers, FW and networking
- Exposure to Public Cloud Platforms – GCP (preferred), AWS
- REST API, MySQL, Big Data Analytics
Requirements – To apply, you must be pursuing a 4-year Undergraduate Degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above, a 2-year Master’s Degree or a Doctorate degree and returning to school in the fall. You must have the authorization to work within the United States.
*Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position*
IT Infra Networking Team is responsible for maintaining the availability, reliability, and performance of IT Networks hosted in GCP, AWS, and on-prem. Network team’s goal is to fully automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment pipelines using Ansible, Jenkins, and Terraform.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.