(PT) Key Holder
This position reports to the Store Management Team
The Key Holder supports the Store Management team through performing daily store opening and closing operations. The Key Holder assumes responsibility of all store operations when Store Management personnel are out of the store.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Models the Paper Source Customer Service Experience
· Consistently perform and leads by example all three steps of the Customer Service Initiative (CREATE):
· Connect with every customer by greeting them warmly, asking open-ended questions and engaging them in product related conversations.
· Respond to customers’ immediate needs
· Explore your customers’ needs and demonstrate products at the demo table, on the sales floor and at the custom print station.
· Add relevant products to complete the project, take it to the next level and help with their whole checklist.
· Thank every customer regardless of purchase.
· Empower customers to complete their creative projects at home and build customer loyalty
· Exhibits an attitude that is one of positive, can do and customer first with all customers.
· Knowledgeable and proficient in technology in order to accurately and efficiently process customer transactions professionally and in compliance with the Paper Source policy; sales, returns, gift certificates, special orders, etc.
· Maintain store operations and visual merchandising standards to ensure a ‘grand opening’ look and feel to our customers.
· Resolve customer service related issues, elevating as needed to the Assistant or Store Manager.
Inspire customers through impressive product knowledge
· Inspire our customers about Paper Source’s unique product offerings through product stories, understanding and selling of our core businesses such as cards and envelopes and custom printing.
· Demonstrate consistent selling behaviors that inspire our customers towards a greater connection with our products through registration and selling of workshops and special events to achieve company goals.
· Understand customers’ needs and projects to be able to make meaningful suggestions for additional purchases to achieve company goals.
· Completes all required training modules and has a clear understanding of all available tools and resources to enhance the selling experience.
Executes consistent operational excellence
· Execute opening and closing store procedures including paperwork to company standards.
· Prepare daily agenda, communicates goals and delegates tasks to Customer Service Associates.
· Manages inventory integrity procedures with accurate execution of receiving, restocking, transfers and reporting inventory discrepancies.
Drives sales and profitability through Key Performance Indicators and Manager on Duty Leadership
· Sells the benefits associated with capturing email addresses in our customer registry.
· Provide feedback to store management on customer requests, reaction to merchandise and store environment.
· Utilizes company tools and works with customer to suggest add-ons to ensure store sales goals, departmental goals, conversion goals, workshop goals, and ADT and UPT goals are met.
· Leads the sale floor ensuring proper employee zoning to maximize the business and in-store customer experience.
· Communicates to the team, hourly sales and ADT goals during MOD shift along with results.
· Motivates and inspired team to drive business through modeling consistent selling behaviors.
· Demonstrated passion for Paper Source, our products, and providing extraordinary customer service.
· Arts and crafts background preferred with a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in retail or service related industry.
· Availability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require night and weekend shifts.
· Ability to work with /around cleaning chemicals and various art supplies.
· Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom. May include repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, and lifting of up to 30 pounds.
· Ability to prioritize tasks with an attention to detail while ensuring a customer first focus.
· Exemplify professional and ethical behaviors; follow all Paper Source policy and procedures.
· Develop a positive working relationship by appreciating and learning from fellow associates
About Paper Source
Do Something Creative Every Day
Give, Live, Create, Celebrate It’s more than what we do. It’s the core of who we are. We live by our mission to inspire you to “Do Something Creative Every Day”. Whether that’s by giving thoughtful gifts, living a well-organized life, creating your project, or celebrating life’s special moments, we strive to bring joy to every step of your creative journey At Paper Source, we believe that every moment presents a new opportunity to create something special. From the journal where you share your most precious memories, to the stationery that helps you celebrate life’s simple joys, we’ve thoughtfully designed each boutique Paper Source location, down to the very last card on the shelf, to be your inspiration haven Handcrafted Heritage When Sue Lindstrom opened the first Paper Source location in Chicago in 1983, she set out to share the beauty of handcrafted papers from around the world, with the world – and we continue to carry this mission in everything we do. Over the past three decades, we’ve expanded our products, grown our team of passionate creative professionals, and connected with communities nationwide. In 2015, Winnie Park brought new life to the Paper Source legacy. Her experience holding executive leadership positions for global brands, including Hong Kong-based luxury shopping leader DFS and Levi Strauss and Company, combined with her distinguished expertise in Global Marketing, eCommerce, and Merchandising have allowed Paper Source to reach a perfect synergy where product decoration meets creative innovation Hands-on and handcrafted From custom rubber stamp cutting to personalizing paper lanterns, our in-store sessions let you explore your creative side. Experiment with expert crafting techniques including heat embossing, embellishing, digital cutting and letterpress, and more, all under professional guidance. We also offer private workshop sessions to host your next party, with bookings available both during and after store hours. Create your ever after Our team of special event experts and talented designers are here to make your wedding day dreams come true. With 34 exclusive papers from around the world, a full range Colorscope palette, over 200 design templates, and dozens of artisanal details, your Paper Source wedding elements are hand-designed to help create your ever after. And our exceptional service doesn’t stop there. We’re here to support you through the entire event design process with timelines, ideas & inspiration, swatchbooks, and so much more. Visit our blog to read about real brides who partnered with Paper Source – and they’re even sharing the How-To on their favorite big day DIYs. Paper Source Eco-Story At Paper Source, we live for all things paper. We create, craft, color, cut, shape, and print with papers of all sizes, styles, and artisanal materials. But above all else, we cherish, protect, and adore every fiber of our paper with every fiber of our being. We take care to ensure Paper Source products put the environment first, focusing on sustainability and social responsibility while upholding our commitment to the exceptional, premium quality you’ve come to expect out of every Paper Source product and experience.