Path Forward Partners provides solution-oriented consulting services in the areas of brownfield and contaminated site characterization, remediation, health risk assessment, environmental due diligence, vapor intrusion mitigation, construction oversight, compliance, litigation support, and more. Grunat, Noblet, and Pelletier bring trusted relationships with regulatory agencies, real estate developers, industrial and high-tech clients, vendors, contractors, lending institutions, and attorneys. They understand the complex problems their clients face and have developed practical and innovative approaches to achieving client goals efficiently and effectively.
Path Forward Partners is currently hiring in our Oakland Office for an entry-level Geologist, Environmental Scientist, or Civil/Environmental Engineer. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, dependable, and excited to join our growing business. The position includes the following general responsibilities.
- Up to 90% field characterization activities throughout California and beyond that may require extended overnight travel. These field activities may include:
- Oversight of subsurface drilling activities;
- Groundwater monitoring well and soil gas probe construction oversight;
- Collection of soil, groundwater, soil gas, and indoor air samples;
- Conducting site walks/inspections;
- Construction oversight;
- Ambient and construction air monitoring for particulate matter, asbestos, and/or volatile organic compounds; and
- Operation of various sampling devices and field meters.
- Assistance in preparation of reports, proposals, work plans, letters, figures, and soil boring logs.
- Extensive data tabulation and evaluation in MS Excel.
- This position requires completion of the OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour Training. This will be provided by Path Forward Partners, if necessary.
- Field activities require working in all weather conditions;
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment;
- Ability to work alone and in teams for long periods of time;
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required; and
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required.
- 0-3 years experience
- B.S. in Environmental Science/Geology/Engineering or related subject (M.S. preferred);
- California Geologist or Engineering in Training (GIT or EIT) preferred;
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and own personal vehicle;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including MS Word and MS Power Point;
- Advanced MS Excel user; and
- Proficient in MS Access, preferred.
· How many years of Excel experience do you have?
· How many years of Microsoft Access experience do you have?
· How many years of Microsoft Office experience do you have?
· How many years of Microsoft Word experience do you have?
· Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License? HAZWOPER?
Applicants must provide a resume and cover letter. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.