Title: Young Adult Program Coordinator (Full-Time)
Location: Pawling Library, 11 Broad St, Pawling NY 12564
The Pawling Library is seeking a Full Time Young Adult Program Coordinator. The coordinator will oversee all aspects of library programs and services that target children between the ages of ten and eighteen. We are looking for a caring individual who will bring excitement and innovation to the Pawling Free Library’s programming. The candidate should have the ability to design meaningful educational programs for teens and tweens, and a willingness to foster partnerships with outside organizations in providing services to the children of Pawling. While the Young Adult Program Coordinator will principally be responsible (30 hours per week) for serving young adult patrons, he or she will also be expected to assist (7 hours per week) with children’s programs for elementary age children and their families.
This job requires attention to detail, ability to work independently and with others, and multi-tasking. Most importantly, the candidate should possess excellent communication skills and the ability to connect to young adults.
· Planning and coordinating young adult programs.
· Planning, coordinating and creating promotional material for young adult programs.
· Seeking alternative funding for young adult programs (e.g. grants and sponsorship).
· Maintaining young adult program and materials budgets.
· Coordinating young adult volunteers and adults who volunteer to assist with young adult programming.
· Providing departmental information for the director’s monthly report.
· Advising the library administration on library services.
· Collection development.
· Assisting the children’s department with programming for elementary aged children.
· Providing reference and readers’ advisory when needed.
· Assisting with circulation and other library functions as necessary.
· Commitment to creative and effective young adult programming.
· Interest in current reading, viewing and listening interests of adolescents and teens.
· A large degree of comfort with technology.
· Ability to provide reference service and/or guide teens toward materials in print and electronic resources.
· Ability to work cooperatively with others.
Public library or teaching experience preferred, but not required. Regular evenings and weekends are required as is occasional circulation desk coverage
Position: Full-time: 37 hours per week
Pay: $30,000 – $38,000, depending on experience and qualifications
Benefits: Paid time off available on a rolling basis. Health and dental insurance available after three months.
Instructions to Applicants
Interested individuals should apply online. Visit pawlingfreelibrary.org/jobs to apply. Only candidates who apply through the library’s website by Sunday November 28th will be considered.