•This is a Summer 2022 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2022 internships are not available at this time.
•Recruitment and application consideration will be on a continuous basis throughout Fall 2021 and early Winter 2022.
•Must currently be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related field from an accredited college or university.
•Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2022.
•Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
•Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.
*Note – You are applying to a general Data Analyst Intern position, not a specific open role. This job posting is an advertisement for all PayPal Summer Data Analyst Internship opportunities that will be opened throughout the Fall and Winter but will not be posted directly to our career site. Students who apply to this position will be contacted by a recruiter if they are selected to interview for a specific intern role. At that point, the intern candidate will receive the specific position details for review.
At PayPal, we’re literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it’s about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today’s technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world’s leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
We are seeking world-class problem solvers who have a passion for data and a relentless focus on execution and delivery. You will be most successful with a healthy combination of both, technical skills and business acumen. As a Data Analyst you will generate insights by conducting extensive analyses of PayPal’s rich data. In the process, you will develop a deep understanding of the payments business, our site functionality, further strengthen your analytic, leadership and presentation skills and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within PayPal.
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple PayPal systems
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
- Work closely across the matrix with teams like Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering and senior executives
- Lead and participate in special projects/initiatives: innovate and implement large-scale quality improvements to processes and/or systems by conducting data analysis and making recommendations, troubleshooting technical issues, and refining processes around customer support
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Demonstrated experience, familiarity and ease with handling large data sets and crunching numbers
- Information Retrieval (search/recommendation/classification) experience or Human Judgment/User Interface experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate complex problems into simpler terms, and effectively influence both peers and senior leadership