he Business Development Manager – Retail works within the business development and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue and profit generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values. The Business Development Manager – Retail will have established relationships with independent and big box retailers (Walmart, Target, Costco, Staples, BestBuy, etc.). We are looking for a retail talent that can embed best in class retail standards and monitor progress toward that standard.
Essential Job Functions
- Extend PCS brand and network by working strategically across all internal programs to create new and strategic opportunities for PCS in the Retail space across North America specifically USA with some touch into Canada.
- Adapts to the unique needs of company owned and independently owned stores, leading the retail effort across both store types.
- Prospect strategic retailers and make the right connections across all levels of their organization.
- Become an expert in the retail industry, consumer electronics business, and serve as a trusted advisor to prospective partners.
- Intent on driving core business (cell phones and tablets) as well as pursuing new markets (accessories and new market devices like wearables and VR) in an impactful way.
- Work across all lines of business within the organization and understand where and whom to go to for different opportunities.
- Deep understanding of market trends and the ability to predict and express market intelligence internally, including executive management team to express leadership in market.
- Demonstrate leadership with the ability to lead and follow through on new projects and innovative initiatives from start to finish.
- A deep understanding of each piece of the puzzle from the technology, pricing, market, volatility and players and how to use this information critically for the purpose of pursing and attracting new business opportunities as well as to the betterment of PCS and our offerings.
- Conduct research and compile reports regarding existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry or market trends to aid in the development of business development pitches, presentations, and proposals.
- 3+ years of experience in Retail consumer electronic products.
- Have a true background in retail (big-box stores/small retail chains, along with others who have experience as a merchandising, district or store manager, experience with planograms or pricing)
- Excellent knowledge of the retail landscape
- Ability to understand and demonstrate retail essentials such as store merchandizing, promotional displays, and price label accuracy
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to look at something from different angles to think dynamically.
- Micro and Macro viewpoints.
- Strategic thinking to understand how to include PCS business in unlikely partnerships.
- Thoughtful with an interest in collaboration.
- Partnership focused and driven.
- Master’s degree preferred but not required