Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
Our Mammography Tech is located at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Some responsibilities include:
1. Reviews mammogram requisitions to determine
type of exam, takes and documents a thorough pertinent clinical history and reviews ordered prior to the actual imaging of the patient. If changes in the exam are necessary follows procedure for noting those changes in the computer system
2. Maintains accurate records for individual patient exams. Properly executes scan by utilizing the appropriate protocol based on the patient history.
3. Operates and troubleshoots radiographic and processing equipment. Performs daily QA in accordance with MQSA standards
4. Maintains necessary inventory of supplies for assigned room or work area as needed
5. Keeps imaging room, equipment, changing areas, common or hall space clean and organized; Rotates stock in an orderly fashion
6. Reads all staff notes & e-mails; attends office meetings; attends education sessions; keeps abreast of changes within the office
7. Completes all related paperwork and distributes images to proper area for reading
8. Call in results of STATS and other cases as determined by the Radiologist.
9. Completes exam in the computer system and makes changes as necessary, documents procedure code for billing purpose
Education equivalent to the completion of high school. Competition of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology program with registry by the ARRT required and initial MQSA mammography qualifications. Mammography certification within 1 year required. Previous mammography experience is preferred.
This position is located at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life’s Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.