Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
The Ultrasound Radiographer is responsible for performing all OB/Gyn ultrasound examinations. The primary purpose of this position is responsible
to perform, coordinate, and supervise patient testing services in the division of Maternal Fetal Medicine..
• Operate Ultrasound units.
• Prepare ultrasound rooms and maintain cleanliness of area.
• Interviews and screens patients prior to the examination and explains procedures to the patient.
• Perform, coordinate, and supervise selected patient testing services.
• Ensure all equipment, supplies, and records are available for patient care at the satellites.
• Educate and support patients and their families through telephone consultation, office visits, and hospital visits.
• Educate and instruct other health care providers and patients (and their families) in the use of specialized equipment, new
procedures, and new concepts.
• Assure maximum quality of care, design, and implement effective antenatal testing systems.
• Assure maintenance of patient testing records, and unit equipment.
• Assist in research projects as requested by the Division.
• Communicate equipment problems and image quality issues.
• Package and send genetic specimens.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
H.S. Diploma/GED and 1+ years experience in Ultrasonography. CPR (required within 90 days of hire)
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer RDMS
Prefer experienced sonographer in OB/GYN and Maternal Fetal Medicine. Experienced in fetal echocardiography and ultrasound guidance for invasive prenatal testing preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life’s Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.