The Select Dealer Region (SDR) plays an important role in Ford’s revitalization as a modern, progressive vehicle and mobility services company delivering an exceptional customer experience. Candidates should possess a vast depth of knowledge and expertise in the implications of data and taking actions based on that data as well as have a passion and understanding for the lifetime value of a customer. This position is designed to bring high talent into the company for critical work projects within the Select Dealer Region.
Our Zone Manager Intern Program is project-oriented and will challenge you to demonstrate a strong business acumen and technical skills. During your 8-week internship, you’ll enjoy hands-on involvement in some ground-breaking initiatives we’ve got going on. You will be responsible for generating results that will help us propel our business.
During your internship, you will work on a special project related to one of these key areas:
- Ford Sales
- Ford Service
- Lincoln Sales
- Lincoln Service
- Consumer Experience
At the conclusion of your internship, you will be responsible for providing a PowerPoint presentation to the Select Dealer Region management team outlining your special project.
Further duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Shadowing with existing SDR Zone Managers to build ongoing plans to facilitate and influence improvements in dealer sales, retail performance and profitability
- Working with current SDR Zone Managers to gain understanding of how to build relationships with our dealers
- Growing your business acumen in the following areas:
- Customer Experience
- Vehicle Wholesale, Sales and Market Share
- Warranty Administration
- Dealer Support
- Extended Service Business
- Parts and Tire Sales
- National, Regional, District and Zone Marketing Activities
- Business Analytics
Completion of third year of program working on a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following business-related fields of study with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0:
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong time management, organizational and planning skills. Able to prioritize, multitask, adapt and thrive in a fast paced, results driven environment.
· Ability to build relationships with the management team and adapt to different management styles.
· Strong facilitation, active listening and leadership skills. Capable of effectively facilitating meetings including the ability to develop and deliver professional presentations.
· Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills, with a commitment to quality and an exceptional custom er experience.
· Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Self-starter, who demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness and ability to work independently.
· Quick learner, with a desire and interest in learning new information.
· Excellent negotiation skills and a consultative approach.
· Knowledge of computers and software (MS Operating Software, MS Office Products).
· Ability to represent both Ford Motor Company and Percepta professionally when interacting with all clients, external organizations and contacts.
· Passion for the automotive industry.
· Willingness and ability to travel