We are an Astoria, Queens based IT & Cyber Security solutions provider looking for an ambitious IT professional with experience as a network/systems engineer.
WE ARE NOT a placement company or a staffing agency. The candidate we are searching for now will be looking to join a growing, team first environment that helps take their employees’ IT careers to the next level.
The right candidate should be a great communicator with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and documentation skills. They also will be working on a daily basis in the following main categories and should have experience in each:
– Project management
– Cyber Security (Next Gen Firewalls/UTM, Endpoint Protection et.al)
– Storage & Backup
– Networks (Routing & Switching)
– Server infrastructure
– Supporting end users in a Windows environment.
Preferred Skills: (ideal but not required)
A foundation of or working knowledge in all the below will make the ideal candidate.
– Configuration and management of various Security Technologies (UTM Firewalls/Anti-Malware/MFA/VPN/DLP et.al)
– Configuration/administration of VMware and or Hyper-V
– Configuration/administration of Active Directory
– Configuration/administration of Microsoft Exchange/Office 365
– Configuration/administration of backup systems
– Configuration/administration of Cisco routers and switches
– Configuration/administration of VoIP systems (such as Cisco Call Manager/Unity)
– Understanding of IP networking including DNS, messaging, and routing
– Working knowledge in network security technologies (Firewalls, anti-virus, etc.)
– Knowledge of networking monitoring tools and protocols
– Support of desktops and desktop applications
– Implementation and administration of WSUS
Although specific certifications are not required, they are a big plus. Including:
– MCSE or MCITP certification
– VMware certification of any kind
– Cisco certifications (CCNA or higher)
– Checkpoint, Cisco, Palo Alto or Fortinet Security Certifications