The Perspectives Home-Based Therapeutic Services (HBTS) Behavior Specialist provides in-home support to children with Autism, or disabilities, or other special healthcare needs. We have flexible 1st and 2nd shifts available at locations throughout Rhode Island.
Behavior Specialists work together with the direction of an experienced clinical team and senior level staff to implement unique treatment plans that provide home-based care and support to children and their families.
Using Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Behavior Specialists provide 1:1 care within a child’s home environment, helping them to learn the skills necessary to foster independence in all areas of their development, such as:
- Social, daily living, and self-help skills
- Cognitive skills
- Functional communication skills
- Behavior management
- Community inclusion
- At least one year of college level education or currently be enrolled in a minimum of 6 college credits
- Have a favorable criminal background check
- DCYF clearance
- Favorable fingerprint results
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to an insured vehicle and a favorable driving record
- At least 19 years of age
- Competitive rates of pay
- Flexible schedules
- Tuition reimbursement for full time employees
- Management “in-training” programs
- Comprehensive New Employee Orientation
- Continued training opportunities such as American Sign Language (ASL), CPR Certification, and Mindfulness Training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Perspectives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.