BE – DO – TEACH – AMAZING!
SUMMER 2022 RETAIL INTERSHIP PROGRAM
Phoenix ~ Denver ~ Houston ~ E. Hanover, NJ ~ Orlando ~ Atlanta ~ Palm Beach Gardens ~ Chicago ~ Fairfax, VA
PGA TOUR Superstore is the PGA TOUR’s exclusive off course/off airport retail partner operating an ever-expanding number of stores nationwide. “PGATSS” provides golf and tennis players alike with unparalleled selection, exceptional services and guaranteed low prices. With plans to continue our dynamic growth, we are more than golf enthusiasts. We are enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible individuals on the lookout for dynamic future leaders to grow and develop.
As a PGA TOUR Superstore Store Leadership Intern, you will experience firsthand the day-to-day operations of a multi-million-dollar retail business. As the fastest growing specialty retailer in the U.S., our Retail Store Internship Program is tailored to provide both personal and professional development through a 10-week rotation. As an intern you will gain hands-on knowledge of the many facets of operating a golf retail store, including driving sales through effective merchandising, marketing, club fitting, club repair, golf instruction, customer service, and beyond.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Matriculating at a college or university as a full-time student with a status of Junior or Senior
- Ability to work up to 35 hours a week on a flexible retail scheduled (including nights, weekends)
- A cumulative 3.0 GPA, preferred
- Business or Retail related academic disciplines preferred
- Strong problem solving, decision making and financial analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Working conditions and physical demands:
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, climb a ladder, move throughout the store, and lift a 30 lb. box overhead.
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule – nights, weekends, and holidays depending on business needs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work directly with the store leadership team to provide leadership and team building essentials to the associates by driving sales and customer service.
- Assist in ensuring that sales are a priority while making sure that all customers are provided a world class shopping experience.
- Effectively communicate to the Store and Assistant Managers regarding opportunities to improve merchandising, events, policies, and procedures.
- Manage in-stock levels and the execution of general inventory management practices in conjunction with store supervisors.
All offers of employment will be conditioned on successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
Part of the Arthur M. Blank Family of Businesses, PGA TOUR Superstore continuously strives to create a family culture for our Associates – driven by our vision to inspire people through golf and tennis. PGA TOUR Superstores is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.