Director of Curriculum and Instruction (DCI) Vision
Pharos Academy Charter School is looking for a Director of Curriculum and Instruction that wants to do something epic for students and teachers. We are looking for a DCI who wants to cast a vision for ELA and Literacy instruction that rivals the best in the industry. This person will stop at nothing to ensure that the curriculum and resources that are in front of students places them squarely on the road to college success and beyond.
In addition to vision setting and curriculum, this person loves to push teachers well beyond what they think is possible for students. This transfer of knowledge and skill happens through high quality professional development, coaching, and data driven decision making.
DCI Performance Outcomes
- Drive ELA department performance to meet or exceed English Language Arts charter goals.
- Create a comprehensive academic vision for the English Language Arts department that encompasses all literacy standards and identifies ELA –specific signature practices for teachers to support high quality ELA instruction.
- Create interim assessments and course scope and sequences aligned to state and college-readiness standards to measure and track student performance in literacy.
- Create engaging, rich, and complex writing tasks and ELA performance tasks which prepares students for college.
- Create high quality professional development workshops and instructional resources that accelerates adult learning.
Core Competencies of Strong Applicants (New and Experienced)
- Commitment to using data to improve short term and long-term student achievement goals.
- Full accountability for teacher and student academic outcomes and a steadfast belief that all teachers and students can achieve.
- Commitment to being a team player (crew member) and belief in Pharos Academy’s core beliefs and educational viewpoint.
- Ability to use radical candor with teachers and hold individuals as well as team to high expectations.
- Strong knowledge of 9-12 ELA/ Literacy curriculum, writing instruction, and vocabulary acquisition.
- Instructional leadership and teaching experience required: proven results in student learning as both an instructional leader and a teacher.
- Curriculum and assessment writing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 3 years of teaching experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- Super competitive salary that is based on performance driving student outcomes. Starting salary for new Directors of Curriculum and Instruction begins at $100,000.
- 401k plan with employer matching of 4 percent.
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, and optional Life Insurance.
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer and have access to a wide range of instructional technology.
DCI Support and Development
- Participate in instructional walkthroughs and instructional support meetings with instructional leadership team.
- Instructional Leadership coaching through New Leaders for New Schools.
- Assigned a performance coach.
Pharos Academy is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all teachers and staff members. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.