The Community Relations Coordinator will plan, develop, implement, and analyze community relations campaigns, activities, and related events. Responsibilities also include maximizing and implementing team and league programs, coordinating player appearances donation requests, and assisting with marketing programs.
The Community Relations Coordinator reports to the Vice President of Community Relations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with members of the community.
- Organizes community outreach programs and coordinates special events. Coordinate Employee and Eagles family engagement, giving and volunteering events with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responds to inquiries from community members and other interested parties.
- Drafts and distributes various content communicating and promoting community relations initiatives.
- Coordinates receipt and fulfillment of donation requests by community, charity-related, and/or corporate groups, along with autograph signing sessions.
- Assists with planning and execution of League and team community programs and events such as Crucial Catch, Salute to Service, etc.
- Coordinates Community Relations aspects of training camp including visits from groups, post-practice autograph sessions and coordinating player appearances at corporate partner-related events.
- Organizes and executes Community Relations gameday guest experiences (special experiences, meet and greets, etc.).
- Supports the Eagles Care program by maintaining relationships with nonprofits and executing events on players’ off days during the season.
Integrity & Values – Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
Personal Accountability – Confident and able to navigate tough decisions, gains input from others and moves decisions forward in the organization; accountable for actions.
Results Oriented – Inspires the team and the organization for results to improve bottom line performance; able to make timely or planned decisions appropriate to the circumstances or situation.
Initiative – Demonstrates enthusiasm and a passion to excel. This should extend to all circumstances, including in cases where opinions have been overruled.
Attention to detail – Outstanding proven ability to gather, manage, prioritize, and integrate large amounts of information, & several projects at once.
Organizational Ability – Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects at once. Connects people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
Positive Reaction – Quickly learns from mistakes & incorporates that learning into solutions for the future.
Interpersonal Confidence – A successful candidate will politely command respect with a variety of personality types and effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization. Candidate must possess thick skin; exhibit tempered persistence & the ability to deal with rejection and respectfully move forward.
Excellent communication skills – must be able to effectively communicate with a variety of personality types (players & staff) and in a variety of situations.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Social Work, or related field.
· 2 years event experience (with community experience preferred)
· Knowledge of promotional events and media partnerships. Ability to use that knowledge to strategically plan Community Relations initiatives.
· Ability to assist in the implementation of a multiple projects.
· Proven creativity and written and verbal skills as well as computer skills.
· This is a full-time non-exempt role.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours, for example events and gamedays.
· This position is currently subject to a COVID-19 vaccination requirements, subject to applicable law.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
For your consideration:
· Our organization makes an impact.
· Generous time off effective the first day of hire, paid holidays – including 2 floating holidays, summer Fridays, 3 weeks paid vacation, sick time, and Eagles time.
· Comprehensive Health and Wellness Benefits.
· Financial wellness. Invest in your future. 401(k) with company match and company provided Pension Plan.