Supplemental Learning Support Teacher (Grades 2-5)
Philadelphia Performing Arts: A String Theory Charter School seeks a full-time teacher to join the Special Ed team at our West campus. located at 2600 South Broad Street. At PPACS, students engage in a unique educational program designed to grow the next generation of creative leaders. Our teachers are creative, passionate, professional educators that believe every student has specific intelligences that must be nurtured and that all students should have an equal opportunity to achieve their own innate potential.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree
- PA Certification in both Special Education K-8 or Special Education N-12
- 1-3 years experience with Special Education students
- Wilson Language System (preferred)
- Criminal history, child abuse and FBI clearances (Acts 34, 151 and FBI)
String Theory Schools teaching candidates…
- are passionate about creative arts and sciences
- are undaunted by urban challenges and dynamic change
- value multi-disciplinary collaboration
- know technology can transform learning experiences
- apply feedback and constructive criticism with grace
- understand that hard work and fun are not mutually exclusive
- accept responsibility for student growth
- not only think outside the box, but can find compelling reasons why the box isn’t necessary
- Experience in both behavior modification and emotional support.
- Experience with consistent progress monitoring and best practices in Special Education
- Develop vigorous courses, plans, projects, assignments, and assessments.
- Collaborate with general education teachers (as a co-teacher and/or consultant) to refine and
- implement high-quality curriculum aligned to standards and competencies.
- Write and implement high-quality Individualized Educational Plans.
- Effectively implement FBA/PBSP, 504 Service Agreements, and GIEPs.
- Build relationships with students and families through thoughtful and frequent communication
- Experience working in diverse settings and/or commitment to improving one’s own cultural
- Ability to use or willingness to learn technology integration to improve teaching and learning
- Analyze and regularly use both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your practice
- Cultivate higher order thinking skills through inquiry
- Access to consistent coaching in instruction and technology integration
- Access to best-in-class technology resources and a physical framework designed with innovative learning in mind
Excellent health benefits (for both you and your family), retirement benefits, and more!
Please visit our website at www.stringtheoryschools.org/join-our-team to learn about the application process. Send all required materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.