ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union’s inaugural season in 2010 and opened what is now Subaru Park in June, 2010. Subaru Park is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
The Ticket Operations Coordinator assists the Director of Ticket Operations with all day to day operations of the box office. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to event creation and financial reporting, managing part time staff, and maintaining all box office policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain events in the Paciolan ticket system as necessary.
- Serve as primary internal and external ticketing liaison for all Non-Union events at Subaru Park.
- Create and distribute daily/weekly/monthly reports as necessary.
- Administer various processes in the Paciolan ticket system, including but not limited to account updates, holds, and data cleanup.
- Assist with access management setup as well as ticketing integrations with loyalty programs and concessions and merchandise transactions.
- Balance all income received from ticket sales & single events daily.
- Issue and track all ticket and all group ticket requests for all events at Subaru Park.
- Track all coupons, vouchers, and special promotions.
- Generate invoices for various departments when requested
- Establish and maintain a professional working relationship with ticket sellers and the ticket seller union.
- Supervise and oversee all financial settlements regarding sellers and seller recaps.
- Lead on the recruitment, hiring, and training of box office interns.
- Manage main box office windows on day of events – handle issues and questions and solve problems in real time.
- Train all employees on the Paciolan ticket system.
- Provide excellent customer service – both externally and internally.
- Supervises Part-Time Game Day Box Office Staff & Box Office Interns
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of increasing experience in ticket operations strongly preferred, and preferably utilizing the Paciolan ticket system.
- 2-3 years of experience supervising staff preferred.
- Strong computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including extensive weekend and evening hours as required.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, Rx and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, on-site café, and much more!