MARKET RESEARCH INTERNSHIP
AT&T, Capital One, PepsiCo, Samsung, and Toyota. What do they all have in common? They are all national brands that collaborate with Phoenix Marketing International (PMI) to drive their businesses by optimizing TV and online advertising. PMI’s Research team works with companies to provide insights and thought leadership surrounding advertising strategy. Our work helps clients improve media planning, diagnose creative advertising practices, and track competitive activity through real-world, real-time measurement.
When you join the PMI Research team, you’re signing up for an experience that requires curiosity, creativity, and analytic ability. The PMI Research Internship is a part-time (20-30 hours per week), paid opportunity through December 2021. We are looking for candidates in the New York City area, however, due to COVID-19, this position will be remote until further notice.
WHO IS PHOENIX MARKETING INTERNATIONAL?
- PMI helps clients improve their Ad and Brand Communications, create and refine the products and services that they deliver, and optimize the Customer Experience driven by those commitments
- Named as one of Inc 5000’s fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. in 2019
- AMA Gold Report “Top 20” firm and growing rapidly; founded in 1999 with core tenets being to serve our clients and our people, which we stand by to this day and fuels our success
- 350+ research consultants from both client and agency sides with offices throughout the US, London, Mexico City, and Shanghai
- Phoenix Marketing International is dedicated to being an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
AS AN INTERN YOU WILL:
- Analyze, mine, and interpret syndicated and custom data and determine the “why” of the results
- Simplify data into a compelling story that will be presented to clients to help inform their advertising strategy
- Perform data extracts using the Brand Effect proprietary database and data analytic tools
- Prepare scheduled and custom client-ready reports using PowerPoint
- Ensure the integrity of all data collected by completing the quality control process on all deliverables
- Work with internal operations teams to ensure client surveys are implemented correctly
- Receive mentorship and guidance from a great team of both young and seasoned professionals
- Gain a larger understanding of our clients’ industries and learn how best to incorporate client business needs with Brand Effect analysis
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You have strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- You have effective organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- You are detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of the analysis
- You are eager to learn and develop skills
- You can deliver under deadlines
MORE PRACTICAL SKILLS NEEDED:
- You are a senior year student with an interest in Market Research, Media and/or Advertising or a recent graduate with a degree in Market Research, Media and/or Advertising
- You have strong analytic thinking, quantitative, data tabulation, and data mining skills
- You have advanced skills in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, PowerPoint)