Development Intern, Fall 2021
PHR’s development internship allows one student who is interested in a nonprofit fundraising, philanthropy and cultivation of organizational supporters. The fundraising intern will be given insight into the day-to-day operations of an international human rights organization’s development team, including research on potential donors and institutional funders, database management, and cultivation events for donors.
The development intern will also attend departmental and staff meetings, as well other opportunities to work across departments with other interns and staff.
PHR internships are unpaid. Candidates may be able to arrange academic credit and should check with their individual academic institutions for requirements before accepting the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist in research and prepare thorough, well-written briefings on prospective funders, including individuals, governments, and foundations.
· Screen new donors to assess their giving capacity.
· Support institutional and individual development through Salesforce database management.
· Help identify new funding opportunities for the major gifts program and institutional development team.
· Create development materials to be used in donor meetings.
· Support the execution of donor engagement and cultivation events.
Qualifications and Experience
· Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study.
· Strong analytical, writing, and verbal skills and superior research skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, commitment to data accuracy, and follow-through.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently.
Location and Hours
· The intern will be remote but based out of the NY office due to PHR’s evaluation of coronavirus health risks.
· PHR welcomes applications from candidates located out of state.
· Hours can be flexible to accommodate different types of schedules.
· The internship will commence in September with at least a 10-12 week commitment.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Development Intern, Fall 2021” in the subject line. Please include in your cover letter the number of weekly hours you would be able to commit to the internship.