Human Resources & Operations Intern, Fall 2021
The human resources and operations internship is ideal for a student interested in a career in global human resources or nonprofit management and operations. This intern will gain direct experience in developing and implementing key policies and administrative strategies for a growing, international nonprofit organization.
The human resources and operations intern will collaborate with staff from various departments to gain a fuller understanding of the behind-the-scenes running of a nonprofit organization. The intern will also have the opportunity to attend regular learning and social events with other interns and staff from PHR to round out the learning experience and complement PHR-provided career mentoring.
PHR internships are unpaid. Students may be able to arrange academic credit and should check with their individual academic institutions for requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with PHR’s employee recruitment, onboarding, and selection processes.
· Research current labor and employment laws in the United States and overseas.
· Maintain, audit and update human resources files and records.
· Research human resources best practices.
· Assist in the administration of PHR’s Internship Program and Brown Bag sessions for interns and staff
· Contribute to projects for and requests from PHR staff.
· Collaborate with staff on technology-initiatives initiatives.
· Communicate with vendors, contractors, and consultants.
· Provide support for office management general operations, including office reopening.
Qualifications and Experience
· Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study; specialization in human resources, business administration, or a related field preferred
· General knowledge of and interest in human resources concepts and terminology
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
· Resourceful in performing research on the internet and through other channels
· Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
Location and Hours
· The intern will be remote but based out of the NY office due to PHR’s evaluation of coronavirus health risks.
· We welcome applications from candidates located out of state.
· Hours can be flexible to accommodate different types of schedules.
· The internship will commence in September with at least a 11/12-week commitment.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include “HR & Operations Intern, Fall 2021” in the subject line. Please include in your cover letter the number of weekly hours you would be able to commit to the internship.