Pilot Freight Services is seeking a HR Intern for a part-time position, Monday – Friday. The ideal candidate will be available to work around 20 hours per week within the time frame of 8 am – 6 pm. This position will be based out of our Corporate Headquarters located in Glen Mills, PA but will also work remotely at times.
- Work in the HRIS to audit and process I-9’s
- Assist with candidate and employee communications (e.g. updating email distribution groups, interview scheduling, etc.)
- Help with administration/coordination of screening and onboarding for drivers and other employees as needed
- Audit and respond to employee inquiries via the HR inbox as instructed
- Provide phone coverage with inquiries to the HR office line.
- Manage the HR Invoices email box and tracker
- Support various HR projects as necessary
- Microsoft Office Suite Skills (mainly Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Good organization skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Resourceful, inquisitive
- Proactive, follows through on assignments
- Thrives in a team environment
- Flexible/comfortable with ambiguity
Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior in an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Completed 2 or more Human Resources courses that include Human Resources principles and concepts
- Previous internship experience
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications for any position without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities