*This internship can be for-credit for the Fall 2021 semester or not-for-credit as a volunteer if you are just looking for experience. As the internship can be remote, the applicant does not need to be located in Maryland or be attending a college in Maryland. PPF is a national company that has had interns from colleges such as LSU, the University of Arizona, and San Diego State University.
However, if the applicant is within driving distance to our home office (Towson, MD) then they will have the option of attending in-person*
A forward-thinking, innovative non-profit philanthropy company in Towson, MD is looking to hire an intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the digital media landscape, including various social media and content creation platforms. Players Philanthropy Fund (PPF) is currently looking to expand its marketing presence and social media footprint. We are also looking for administrative assistance, which includes data capture, record upkeep, and helping the company maintain its competent and next-level processes. This hire will also help with basic correspondence and follow up with prospective clients of the company as well as their donors. The intern hired for this position will need strong critical-thinking skills to integrate into our vibrant and passionate team. The team is very excited to share this opportunity with an intern that is hoping to gain great experience while helping to grow the visibility of our company.
- Contribute to website content in various ways
- Monitor, create, and post on social platforms
- Research clients’ activities for sharing on our social media platforms
- Examine current trends in philanthropy for sharing on our social media
- Admin and clerical tasks as assigned
- Develop comfort in using the phone on behalf of the company
- Learn how to write basic correspondence about our company
- Attend selected staff/colleague meetings as needed
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Social media (Twitter, Facebook, IG, LinkedIn)
- 1 year of professional workplace experience
- 1 year of personal or professional experience with a solid understanding of marketing tools
- Graphic design (Adobe, Canva)
- CRM Systems (HubSpot)
- Marketing Major
Sports Management, Marketing, Business, Communications
The intern will closely work with the VP of Sales and Marketing, who will provide management daily. The intern will also collaborate with other PPF staff members under VP’s supervision.
Supervisor Contact Information:
VP, Sales and Marketing
Players Philanthropy Fund
Office: 410-825-0995, Ext. 703