This entry-level management trainee position at PLM provides an opportunity for participants to learn several key roles in our core functions, work cross-functionally, develop new skills and learn the refrigerated trailer leasing business from the ground up. To succeed in this position, candidates must possess a strong desire to learn, work equally well as an individual or as a team, and leverage their formal education and prior work skills towards learning the basics of the business in an accelerated timeline.
This position will be remote at first but we will expect candidates to be able to commute daily to Newark, NJ at some point in 2021. Must be willing to start in March 2021.
PLM’s Management Trainee Program is a training program designed to provide hands-on experience in one of the following departments in order to gain a secure knowledge base of our core functions:
· Business Support Services – Credit, Collections, Contracts, AP/AR, Insurance (1 position Open in this department)
· Information Technology (4 Positions Open in this department)
· Accounting/Finance (1 Position Open in this department)
· Fleet Operations – Supply Chain Management, vendor invoice and repair costs tracking/analyses/reporting, management of customer breakdown through telematics, life-cycle asset management (2 Positions Open in this department)
· Data Analytics and Reporting – core financial reporting, basic data architecture (2 Positions Open in this department)
To be considered, you must choose a specific department you would like to be placed in, to learn all aspects of the business in that department, and possibly work overtime.
· Undergraduate degree in accounting, mathematics, computer science or related.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to learn on the fly, on occasion
· Strong sense of urgency, responsibility, and accountability.
· Good interpersonal skills, maturity and patience handling difficult customers.
· Good analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
· Ability to make sound decisions effectively.
· Must be able to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks at one time.
· Microsoft office platforms – strong Excel, PowerPoint, Word.