Importance of Position: There are many legal documents that need to be created and submitted in a timely manner at the founding of a new nonprofit. We would love to have a nonprofit-focused business lawyer to turn to with questions or the occasional document review.
· Desire to support POWER OF STORY’s mission
· Qualified business Lawyer with Nonprofit experience
· Document review, firstly incorporation, bylaws + 501c3 application
· Be a responsive ear to new nonprofit
· Track + report volunteer hours
· Maintain a respectful relationship with clients, staff, and other volunteers
· Other duties as assigned
Compensation: no financial compensation, but lots of benefits (see below)
Benefits of Volunteering:
· Give back to youth and young people.
· Connect with others who are also passionate about this work.
· Gain career experience + valuable job skills.
Volunteer Shifts: Flexible 1-2 hours per week
Commitment: At least 1 year, 3 years minimum preferred