Importance of Position: Our mission is compelling, but it also needs to sound right! Copyediting ensures grammar, syntax, and spelling are correct; the established style for Power of Story is followed; and our materials are suitable and understandable to teenagers and young adults, as well as grantmakers and contracting partners. We are looking for skilled copy editors who will whip out their red pen and edit our materials before they go out into the world.
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to give a quick turnaround for assigned projects
· Desire to support POWER OF STORY’s mission
Reports to: Executive Director
· Attendance at 1-hour initial training and 1 board meeting annually (both can be virtual)
· Track + report volunteer hours
· Maintain a respectful relationship with clients, staff, and other volunteers
· Review and provide feedback for:
o Grant Proposals
o Website Content
o Social Media Content
· Update text as needed and enhance to make user-friendly and compelling
· Other duties as assigned
Compensation: no financial compensation, but lots of benefits (see below)
Benefits of Volunteering:
· Give back to youth and young people.
· Connect with others who are also passionate about this work.
· Volunteering is good for your mind and body.
· Volunteering provides career experience + teaches valuable job skills.
· Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
Volunteer Shifts: Flexible 3-4 hours per month
Commitment: At least 6 months, 1 year minimum preferred