Importance of Position: We are a new nonprofit and are just getting established financially, and would like to grow and diversify our donor base. We are looking for a relationship-focused fundraiser who can help us network with individuals and organizations who care about the Power of Story. In time, we will also add fundraising events and will need different levels of assistance with all aspects of planning and execution.
· Outgoing people person
· Attention to detail
· Enthusiastic and proactive
· Some knowledge of planning and budgeting
· Basic understanding of fundraising principles
· Comfortable discussing finances
· Desire to support POWER OF STORY’s mission
Reports to: Executive Director
· Attendance at 1-hour initial training and 1 board meeting annually (both can be virtual)
· Track + report volunteer hours
· Maintain a respectful relationship with clients, staff, and other volunteers
· Plan and develop fundraising and/or awareness events in collaboration with the Executive Director.
· Solicit businesses and organizations for requests for fundraising/sponsorships
· Plan and execute fundraising event logistics
· Manage set-up, clean-up and tear-down for events
· Other duties as assigned
Compensation: no financial compensation, but lots of benefits (see below)
Benefits of Volunteering:
· Give back to youth and young people.
· Connect with others who are also passionate about this work.
· Volunteering is good for your mind and body.
· Volunteering provides career experience + teaches valuable job skills.
· Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
Volunteer Shifts: Flexible 1-2 hours per week
Commitment: At least 6 months, 1 year minimum preferred