PPD is a leading global contract research organization providing comprehensive, integrated drug development, laboratory and lifecycle management services. At PPD, we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose- to improve health!
Phase I and IB trials represent the first practical tests of a compound’s clinical relevance and commercial viability. They are the culmination of years or even decades of research. Moreover, they set the stage for subsequent studies that will ultimately determine your compound’s efficacy, safety and positive impact on patient’s lives.
As a Clinical Volunteer Enrollment Representative at PPD you will screen potential subjects/patients via telephone using prepared questionnaires to determine preliminary eligibility for study participation as well as schedule consent/screening appointments for those subjects/patients who pass preliminary phone screening interview. You will utilize excellent customer service skills (professionalism, tact, courtesy and patience) in order to provide a pleasant experience to callers and to encourage their participation in current and future studies.
At PPD, we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It’s not just talk – our award winning training programs speak for themselves.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Technical positions may require a certificate.
- Previous experience including direct customer service that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 6 months to 1 year) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience
Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Customer service and phone etiquette
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours.
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
PPD’s Defining Principles:
– We have a strong will to win – We earn our customer’s trust – We are gamechangers – We do the right thing – We are one PPD
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.