Prescient Edge is a veteran-owned small business that was founded as a Counterintelligence and Human Intelligence company in 2008. We are a global operations and solutions integrator delivering full-spectrum intelligence analysis support, training, security, and technology RD&E support solutions to the Department of Defense and other institutions throughout the intelligence community.
Our mission is to develop next-generation mission performance in support of U.S. national security.
Our vision is to be the national security community solutions provider of choice for mission critical requirements.
Prescient Edge, is seeking a software Engineer/Developer. Within the software development life cycle, the Software Engineer/Developer will:
- Be responsible for analysis, coding, testing, documenting processes, and applications from detailed requirements.
- Participate in the preparation of specifications, developing software through delivering customer focused end items.
- Learn and gain real world experience from a world class organization while working closely with other developers to solve complex data challenges for the Government. Our primary focus is aviation platforms with external sensors for data collection and surveillance with opportunities in mobile and marine environments.
Essential duties and requirements include:
- Assist in gathering and refining requirements
- Analyze requirements for discussion with team members
- Creates or modifies software to adapt to requirements and direction from team lead
- Read, understand, and troubleshoot code and how that translates into data
- Review, test, and validate code, revising to eliminate errors in processing
- Develop a basic understanding of systems and technology used by the Federal government
- Develop a basic understanding of the functions of other departments as needed or when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Active Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance (Please note that one of the requirements of obtaining a security clearance is U.S. citizenship)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from university or institution accredited by the U.S. Department of Education
- Knowledge and experience with high-level programming languages, such as C#, R, C++, Java/scripting
- Knowledge of Linux
- Experience with source code management practices and tools
- Experience with enabling tools (Git, Maven, Jira)
- Agile development experience
- Experience with microservices software development and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in programming for a distributed system, to include experience in networking and multi-threading
- Experience in Apache Hadoop, Accumulo, and NiFi
- Experience in distributed databases (e.g., NoSQL, Mogo, Oracle)
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment (Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab CI/Pipelines)
- Experience with continuous monitoring: ELK (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana), Nagios
- Highly motivated and self-starting
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Ability to remain flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated ability and eagerness to learn new technologies
- Demonstrated openness for learning, growth, and coaching by senior level teammates
- General knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively utilize problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform tasks within predefined guidelines and procedures as assigned by manager or project team
- Strong familiarity with the following concepts:
- Information Assurance (IA) patch installation and mitigation
- National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST) procedures and processes for software
- Standards for Security Categorization of Federal Information and Information Systems (FIPS)
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIGS)
- Department of Defense Information Technology (DODI)