PRG is the world’s leading provider of services and solutions in entertainment and events. We bring industry-leading creativity, experience, and technology to every project we undertake.
Our teams consist of the most accomplished experts, engineers and craftspeople working in theatre, film, tv, broadcast, concert touring, corporate events and hotels and staging. With 170 patents and over 70 trademarks, we are a company defined by innovation. And, through our network of 70 offices spanning five continents, PRG can deliver for its customers anywhere on the globe.
The Department Head is primarily responsible for the preparation of equipment designated and order accuracy of the assigned Department.
- Management and supervision of all staff assigned
- Able to work before and after regular business hours with or without notice
- Able to work on weekends with or without notice
- To maintain all equipment in a “Like New “to rent condition
- Use the PRG Wiki database for Technical Service Notices
- Ensures the equipment assigned is kept to good working order
- All markings are removed once the equipment is returned to the department
- Ensure all software is current to PRG standards
- Check and test equipment to ensure the unit is fully working
- Ensure PRG labels are in place and up to current standards
- Clean fans, filters, etc.
- Check items requiring repair into service
- Manage this process through TEAM
- Maintain ongoing cycle counts
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of and compliance with company policies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Work well under hard deadlines; ability to plan workflow accordingly
- Solid understanding of A/V production equipment and functionality
- 5 years of experience working with A/V equipment, dry-hire background a plus
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a time-sensitive production environment
- Oversee a team of 3 or more experienced people in the execution of preventative maintenance, cleaning, and testing of all types of equipment assigned to the department
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Problem Solving
- Organizational Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50Ibs, occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 Ibs
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Specific vision abilities for this job may include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus, with or without the use of glasses or contact lenses
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to follow spots and moving lights, loud noises, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration
- May be required to operate motor vehicles and load/unload trucks
- May be required to travel
Required education and experience
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite)
- 5 years of applicable experience
EEO and Disclosure
PRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PRG is a drug-free work environment, pre-employment testing will be required.
This is a safety sensitive position and will require pre-employment drug screening.
Production Resource Group LLC participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
PRG cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. PRG does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. PRG will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. PRG will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to an in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.