Begin a meaningful career right here.
Are you ready for the challenge? We believe you have what it takes to join our team today!
P&G is the largest consumer packaged goods company in the world. We have operations in over 75 countries, with over 65 trusted brands that improve lives for 5 billion consumers worldwide. This brings many advantages, including the opportunity for our employees to enjoy and diverse and rewarding lifelong career filled with new and exciting challenges.
We believe great ideas emerge from the creative connections that happen between our talented employees, and we encourage diverse, multi-functional teams to work together to generate new ideas to address challenges we face.
The Operations Start-up/Department Leader role will provide a unique opportunity to be the Start-up Leader of a manufacturing operation and then subsequently transition into the Operation Department Leader position. As start-up leader, you will ensure that the organization and technology is operationally setup for success. This includes developing staffing and training plans, organization structure and effectively engaging with the technical groups such as engineering, research & development along with other external resources.
The department leader will concentrate efforts on the reliability systems and department’s direction for technical growth and development of leadership/organizational/electrical/mechanical skills. It is the responsibility of this department leader to maintain mutually beneficial relations with the other Procter and Gamble plants and Cincinnati resources. It is the responsibility of the department leader to influence and lead technical resources to address reliability issues that cause equipment downtime and production losses. The leader will facilitate root cause problem-solving efforts across the module.
* Manufacturing experience with proven record of operating discipline, sense of urgency, building and maintaining a High Performing Organization and demonstrated effective use of the accountability model
* Ability to work with and influence across multiple boundaries and functions (engineering, suppliers, operations, and R&D)
* Demonstrated track record for problem solving, work process execution strategies, and solutions to drive standardization
Preferred (skills/experiences) for the role:
* Experience as a manufacturing line manager
* Lean Manufacturing/Loss elimination experience
Required (skills/experiences) for the role:
* Bachelor’s degree in: Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering (or other related degree and or work-related experience)
* 3+ years of manufacturing experience
* Experience managing people and manufacturing teams
* Startup of an initiative or project knowledge
* 5 – 15% travel can be expected; travel could be domestic or international
Just so you know:
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position, except in rare situations based on Procter & Gamble’s sole discretion. Applicants for U.S. based positions are eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship. We do not sponsor for permanent residency. Any exceptions are based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.