Research & Development (R&D) at Procter & Gamble is where business, innovation and technology integrate to create a competitive advantage for P&G. Our mission is clear — we deliver R&D to help P&G win with the over 5 billion consumers we serve worldwide. Our R&D professionals are diverse business leaders who apply R&D mastery to deliver game-changing, technology-driven business models and capabilities for our 65 iconic, trusted brands.
From Day 1, you’ll be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use your initiative, and build billion-dollar brands that help make everyday activities easier and make the world a better place. You’ll be doing meaningful work that takes your career places you never imagined. And you’ll do this in creative workspaces where new ideas flourish and where your technical mastery is recognized and rewarded.
Do you love understanding how and why things work? Do you see things others don’t see as quickly or at all? Are you energized by the opportunity to translate insights into action that deliver measurable business results? As a PhD with colloid and chemistry expertise on our Grooming Care R&D Team in Mason, OH, you will use your technical curiosity, data analyses and/or technical method experience to translate complex results and/or algorithms into simple conclusions and insights. These insights will have a meaningful influence on our business strategy and will enable our multi-functional retail and brand teams to win with consumers and deliver sustainable results for our Company
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Define learning plans and experimental designs to address complex formulation and technology questions.
- Design formulations to address the relevant regulatory, safety and stewardship requirements needed to obtain clearance in multiple markets.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams (Process Supply, Product Researchers, R&D Leaders, Packaging) to deliver results for the Grooming business unit.
- Grow knowledge of relevant external supplier technology portfolios and evaluate viable introduction into Grooming products to deliver breakthrough benefits or cost innovations.
The Ideal Candidate will:
Use fundamental principles to design products that are consistently technically superior to competition.
Be a strong communicator & effective storyteller who possesses the ability to influence agreement with your recommendations.
Have passion about discovering new things and the ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing environments and diverse business scenarios.
Serve as an influential and technically savvy business strategy consultant, ensuring consumer and shopper analytics and insights are the foundation of our business strategy.
- PhD in STEM field (Chemistry, Biology, Math, Engineering, Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Analytics, or related field).
- Background in colloid dynamics and chemistries.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis with analytics techniques to solve business problems.
- Currently reside within commuting distance to the office or have the ability to relocate to Cincinnati, Ohio – generous relocation benefit provided.
- Experience with Research & Development.
- Data management and experience with visualization tools (SQL, KNIME, Spotfire, Power BI, etc.).
- Familiarity with programming languages (Python, XML, R, C# or Java).
THE VALUE OF A P&G CAREER
- Ongoing coaching and career development – you will work with passionate people and have access to best in class training through our P&G Leadership Academy as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
- We provide a market-competitive salary benchmarked against the finest companies, so you’ll be able to spend your generous vacation time doing more of the things you love with the people you love.
- We offer a suite of benefits, including but not limited to: flexible working arrangements, generous paid vacation increasing with service, generous parental leave policies, group life insurance, health insurance, and dedicated support to help you find the right child care or elder care.
- Additional perks include discounted P&G products from our company shops and a discount platform offering you unbeatable savings on everything from groceries to exotic holidays.
- What’s more, your financial package might include things like interest-free loans, a tax-advantageous share purchase plan, a contributory pension plan, and financial education and advisement on topics including purchasing real estate and generating wealth.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents – internally – mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company’s specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.