Department: Float Pool
Job Title: Medical Assistant (certification not required)
Position Category: Per diem
ProHEALTH is one of the largest private multi-specialty medical practices in the Northeast and has been serving the health needs of Long Island and the Greater New York Metropolitan area since 1997. With over 900 providers in 300 locations, our goal is to provide quality health care to ensure that our patients get the right care at the right time.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles.
We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement.
The Medical Assistant is a vital member of the ProHEALTH care delivery team. This position has the responsibility of preparing exam rooms for patients, measuring vital signs, performing approved laboratory tests, assisting clinicians with patient care, and performing a variety of administrative tasks.
This position will be part of the ProHEALTH MA float team. Employees will be assigned to a primary location and will travel to other locations within the county to meet patient care needs. Travel expenses will be reimbursed from the primary location.
- Prepares exam rooms by disinfecting, stocking, and verifying appropriate medications are available.
- Greets patients and assist them with signing in and completing paperwork.
- Answers incoming phone calls in a courteous and prompt manner.
- Assists and accompanies patients to exam rooms.
- Interviews patients and records information into the medical record.
- Measures, collects, and records patient vital signs.
- Performs basic lab testing and other approved tests.
- Prepares specimens for transportation to the lab.
- Assists in examination and treatment of patients under clinician direction.
- Places follow-up phone calls to patients.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with vital signs and basic lab tests (urinalysis, pregnancy tests, etc.).
- Ability to travel to clinics throughout Queens.
ProHEALTH strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.