Project Chimps is the newest chimpanzee sanctuary in the United States and was founded to provide lifetime exemplary care to more than 200 former research chimpanzees. Today, Project Chimps is home to 59 chimpanzees and we are working to bring more than 150 to permanent sanctuary.
The Project Chimps sanctuary is located on 236 acres of forested land in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We are located in Morganton, Georgia, just east of the town of Blue Ridge.
Our culture of excellence is sustained by a passionate, high-performing team of core staff and volunteers. If you thrive in a results-oriented culture dedicated to performance excellence, we invite you to join our team!
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Administrative Assistant supports the mission and fundraising activities of Project Chimps through positive communication and engagement with low- to mid-level donors, and accurate processing of donations. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Manager of Administration and works closely with the Donations Coordinator and other leadership personnel..
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES are derived from SECTION C, Performance Standards.
- Contribute to a positive and professional organizational culture that promotes Project Chimps’ values, mission, and vision;
- Provide excellent customer service, and respond in a timely manner to phone calls, emails, mail, and other communication from supporters and co-workers;
- Receive and process in-kind donations and donations made by check;
- Open and process mail;
- Implement campaign fulfillment (e.g., chimp sponsorship packages, incentives);
- Import data accurately into the donor database; update information as needed;
- Accurately prepare and send donor acknowledgements and communications (e.g. thank you notes and sponsorship packets) in a timely manner;
- Assist with tours and group activities, including assistance with waivers (paper and tablet capture, file saving/sharing);
- Assist with fundraising, outreach, and educational events;
- Create gift bags for special visitors;
- Collect mail from post office box;
- All other duties as assigned
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Positive and patient customer service skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize effectively;
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to think strategically, be flexible, and use good judgement;
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds, education, and experience;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and database management
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have good physical agility, strength, vision & hearing, and the ability to perform strenuous physical work in extremes of weather and challenging physical environments. Specifically, this means the ability to lift 50 pounds, walk, stand, see animals & exhibits for observation and safety as well as hear animal’s sounds, radio communication and emergency situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit and talk. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to hear and see near and far. Must be able to bend, kneel, crawl, run, and climb stairs.
- Employee must be able to operate vehicles.
- The employee must also meet medical screening and vaccination requirements.
- Flexible scheduling; may be assigned to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Will be working around dangerous animals.
- Natural odors from these species and their fecal waste will be high.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.