Postdoctoral Fellow – Biology
Protego Biopharma is a seed stage fast-growing company focusing on R&D of small molecule therapeutics targeting protein misfolding diseases. We are seeking a highly motivated and goal-oriented biologist to join our team. This role will spearhead the development of a novel protein degradation platform. This role requires significant hands-on experience in molecular and cell biology, protein chemistry, and assay development. Ability to think out of the box, work in a fast-paced environment, striving for excellence, high aptitude for learning, trouble shooting, team work, and communication skills are essential. This position will be able to publish scientific findings according to company policy. This position will be located in San Diego, California.
1. Independently design and conduct hands-on experiments to achieve project goals and timeline.
- Stay informed about related scientific literature and development.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of experiments performed.
- Communicate clearly to stakeholders through oral and written communications, lead and participate in scientific and technical meetings, and provide expert recommendations.
- Actively participate in scientific and technical innovations in the company.
A PhD in Biological Sciences.
· Self-motivated, strong work ethics, passion for advancing science and medicine.
· Extensive hands-on experience with modern biotechnology and techniques as demonstrated with strong publication or other records, is required.
· Deep understanding and prior experience in protein degradation pathways, cellular stress response, chaperones, and assay development is required.
· Detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, eager to learn and continuously improve, and a dedication to quality and integrity.
· Effective and professional communication skills, written and oral, and aptitude for problem solving and technical writing.
· Ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines and company objectives.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications. This position does not provide relocation assistance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Protego is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
For submission, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.