2021 Investment Operations Associate: PGIM
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
• Period 1: July 15, 2020 to September 1, 2020
• Period 2: September 1, 2020 to October 1, 2020
• Period 3: October 1, 2020 to November 29, 2020
All applications should be fully completed by November 29, 2020
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you looking for a career that helps you apply your love of data, financial analysis, and investments to facilitate business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you passionate about pursuing a full-time Associate role that is focused on developing technical and professional skills while collaborating alongside leaders in the asset management community? If you are results driven, motivated, have a real passion for working with financial data, are deeply analytical and highly creative, then Prudential’s PGIM Investment Operations Associate role is the position for you!
PGIM Investment Operations and Innovation provides the operations and technology support that contributes to PGIM being a world-class investment manager. We supply transaction-level support, generate and report investment results and ensure that our investment results are accurately reflected on our books and records.
Your role as an Associate:
You will be empowered to contribute in a meaningful way, add new value to organization initiatives and effect change. Within PGIM Investment Operations and Innovation, associates can be placed into one of two business areas (PGIM Plan Accounting or PGIM Investment Operations) which are both detailed below:
PGIM Plan Accounting: A shared service organization supporting the PGIM, Pru Retirement and Group Insurance businesses and their clients’ investments in separate accounts and trust vehicles
• Accounting: Transaction processing including client contributions, withdrawals and bank account monitoring; Accounting entries; Cash & ledger reconciliations; Client set up; Audit support
• Client Reporting: Production of client level commingled asset and investment reports; Client service support; 5500 and Schedule C regulatory reporting; Client performance; Audit support
• Financial Analysis: Calculation of investment management and other fees; Invoicing and collection of fees; Accounting entries and revenue collection; AUM reporting; Audit support
• Fund and Investor Services: Support of new fund development and set up; Oversee fund and client launch projects; Bank and vendor oversight; Regulatory reporting; Retirement Pooled Financial Statements; Audit Support
• Fund Valuation and Performance: Calculation of fund level pricing/unit values; Fund level performance reporting; Support of new fund development and set up; Transfer agency including asset to liability reconciliations and investor share ownership; Retirement Pooled Financial Statements; Single Client reporting; Audit support
• Client Order Management: Asset Manager relationship management and cashflow forecasting; Client order processing including exchanges and withdrawals; NSCC trading; Audit Support
PGIM Investment Operations: Is part of PGIM Operations and Innovation and provides recordkeeping, accounting, reporting and technology services for the investment portfolios supporting the Insurance Companies. Additionally, we support all investment data for the Chief Investment Officer and the Chief Risk officer for Prudential.
- Accounting: Validation of portfolio and transaction level activity including trades, income payments, corporate actions and deal restructurings in sub-ledger systems; Preparing and verifying general ledger entries; Completing reconciliations to custody banks, trade systems and financial statements; Providing various reports to business partners
- Common Data Admin (CDA) / iRisk Data Integrity Group: Oversight of portfolio and security level financial data quality in the investment risk data warehouse, accounting system and reporting databases; Submission and verification of adjustments to financial data; Performing reconciliations; Supporting data analysis, inquiries and projects
- Reporting: Supporting business partners by preparing, analyzing, and distributing limit monitoring, activity and holdings reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis sourced from ledger as well as various internal data warehouses; Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual Statutory and GAAP reporting
- Trade Management: Providing trade support functions including settlement/disbursement, custody, deal capture and performance reporting; Executing cash and trade settlements and support the loan origination business; Performing SVO filings and various Enterprise and Asset management reports
Click here to learn more about PGIM
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating between December 2020 and May 2021.
- Preferred majors include: Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business. Minimum 3.0 GPA required.
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills; Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Our Application Process:
- Submit your application.
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2021 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team. Want to learn more? Click here to review our FAQ’s.