PSEG is seeking Summer 2022 interns and co-ops for our Engineering team located in Hancocks Bridge, NJ. Technical interns and co-ops support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing engineers, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as experience the day-to-day workings of engineering. Opportunities exists for both office and field work assignments. Beyond the technical skill development, the candidates will develop their business and soft skills with training curriculum built into the summer program. Interns and co-ops may perform and/or participate in additional activities and events which help them build a network within Salem and Hope Creek Generating Stations and the Nuclear Power industry.
Potential Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
– Assisting the supervisor or assigned project leaders with research, performance monitoring, and performance reporting to support overall plant health.
– Assuring the accuracy and completeness of all drawings, files, engineering records, prints, and tasks of assigned projects.
– Becoming proficient in frequently used engineering and company software.
– Assisting with the development of engineering schedules and projects as assigned.
– Assisting with quality assurance by conducting peer reviews of technical products.
– Assisting with the development and upkeep of instructional procedures & manuals for the assigned tasks.
– Maintaining high standard of professionalism in attitudes and communication with fellow employees and customers.
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Education/Skills: The successful candidate(s) must be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Civil Engineering (or similar related Engineering major) from an accredited institution. Candidates must have excellent oral and verbal communication skills, with keen attention to detail. PSEG recognizes institutions of higher education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications: GPA 3.0
All PSEG internship roles are paid at an hourly rate, however there are no benefits associated with these positions. Intern and co-op candidates are expected to work 40 hours per week over the summer period for the full 10-12 week period. Co-op candidates are preferred and are expected to work for an extended period, 20-24 weeks. Housing, transportation, Immigration Support will not be provided with this position.