The all-new Hotel Indigo in downtown Cleveland is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our leadership team!
With us, you’ll find full medical benefits, retirement plan, paid time off and room rate discounts all within a culture committed to taking care of it’s people.
The Accounting Manager position performs a variety of routine accounting duties to ensure correct reporting of revenues and costs, the timely payment of invoices and timely receipt of monies owed to the hotel.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides the highest quality of service to the customer at all times.
- Prepares daily bank deposits.
- Summarizes and posts data to journals, ledgers and other accounting records; totals and balances accounts; reconciles bank accounts; checks and verifies records.
- Obtains approvals from department heads on invoices to be paid; makes proper accounting entries in ledger; reconciles discrepancies with vendors; prepares transmittal of invoices for payment by corporate accounting.
- Prepares and monitors monthly aging of accounts; prepares statements and collection letters from delinquent accounts; makes phone calls to collect accounts excessively overdue.
- Approves and processes direct billing requests; prepares all bills and mails invoice statements promptly.
- Researches and investigates all credit card disputes; makes proper adjustments/charge backs as needed; balances and prepares all credit card transmittals.
- Maintains files of all accounting documentation; may assist with clerical duties such as typing or phone coverage.
- Has a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures
- Ensures that supervisors complete inventories and purchase supplies within budgeted guidelines.
- May assist with placement of employment advertising and pre-screening of prospective candidates.
- May ensure proper paperwork is completed during new hire orientation.
- Adheres to all work rules, procedures and policies established by the company, including but not limited to, those contained in the employee handbook.