Pzena Investment Management, LLC is a registered investment adviser and broker-dealer managing over $49 billion in global equity assets. We provide equity investment management services for institutional investors, leading corporate, public and individual clients on a world-wide basis by way of separate accounts, sub-advised mutual funds, and other commingled vehicles since our firm founding in 1995. Our team of approximately 125 employees is mostly based in our headquarters in Manhattan and we have representative offices in Australia and London. We are a growing company, in the size of our team, our locations, and our assets under management. We seek partners, not just employees, at every level in the firm and are looking for an exceptional new team member to grow with us.
As an engaged member of the Finance Department, you will play an important role in revenue processes, accounts receivable and client billing while demonstrating responsiveness, accountability and high attention to detail. Success in this role means being proactive, positive, organized and eager to learn and participate in the accounting process of a financial services firm.
· Assist with revenue process including preparation and distribution of client invoices and calculation of fee estimates and forecasts
· Monitor accounts receivable aging to ensure timeliness of collections
· Contact clients regarding outstanding fee payments and respond to client billing-related inquiries
· Account for internal investments relating to partnership accounting and prepare journal entries for financial statements
· Assist in the month-end close process and provide related support for audit requests
· Prepare weekly/monthly AUM reports, as well as ad hoc executive reports and presentations
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
· Bachelor’s degree required, Accounting or Finance preferred
· 1-2 years of experience supporting a Finance team required
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
· Experience with NetSuite a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize, multitask and complete high-quality work under strict deadlines
· Interpersonal Skills & Teamwork—a collaborative team player who is highly professional, respectful and honest, open to ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things and roll up their sleeves with the team to do what it takes to get the job done well
· Diligence and Attention to Detail—demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality control of all work product
· Professionalism — comfort handling confidential information with discretion, polished and professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills
· Results Oriented — understand and analyze work product, apply critical thinking to ensure accuracy and high quality of deliverables, willingness to analyze, innovate and improve work flow processes
· Dependability—consistently remain a productive and positive team member, respond to direction and developmental · feedback and solicit feedback to improve performance
Working At Pzena
We are committed to the success and wellbeing of our employees. We offer benefits to support our employees and their families including many benefits that are fully funded by the firm, such as certain medical plans and FSA and HSA contributions, life insurance, and travel insurance. The firm also makes profit-sharing contributions to employee 401k accounts, contributes to causes important to our employees through firm Charitable Giving and Charitable Matching programs. Additionally, the firm supports the professional growth of our team by offering a Mentorship Program, Lunch & Learns, and sponsoring workgroups and committees to recommend business improvements. We are proud of our culture and enjoy coming together as a firm; you can look forward to team building activities, social events, monthly birthday parties, Pizza Fridays, summer softball league, and recharging with healthy snacks, and more.
PZENA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION – EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE VALUE ALL FORMS OF DIVERSITY AND ARE COMMITTED TO FOSTERING AN EQUITABLE AND INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL. WE BELIEVE THAT MULTIPLE POINTS OF VIEW, FROM DIFFERENT BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES, CONTRIBUTES POSITIVELY TO OUR CULTURE AND WORK. WE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGE CANDIDATES OF ALL BACKGROUNDS AND EXPERIENCES TO JOIN OUR TEAM.