ABOUT THE COMPANY
QurAlis is applying precision medicine to advance a novel therapeutic pipeline for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), frontotemporal dementia (FTD) and other neurodegenerative diseases. Our stem cell technologies can test efficacy of various therapies and provide a transitional bridge to the clinic enabling target validation, discovery, and molecule selection. We are advancing three antisense and small molecule programs addressing sub-forms of ALS that account for most patients. Together with a world-class network of thought leaders, drug developers, and patient advocates, our growing team is at the leading edge of neurodegenerative research and development.
This past year we were honored to win the Fierce15 and the New England Venture Capital Association’s NEVY award for Best Emerging Life Science Company in New England’s startup ecosystem. We are pioneers in neurodegenerative disease biology, stem cell and antisense oligonucleotides (ASO) technology, biomarkers, and small molecule design. We are honest and empathetic to our patient community, science, colleagues, and ourselves sharing a common passion to urgently discover new medicines for ALS and FTD. We represent a diversity of backgrounds and value collaboration. We believe that success in treating neurodegenerative diseases will be achieved by being precise – targeting the right patients, identifying the right disease mechanism, and carefully developing disease-modifying, clinically meaningful therapies to improve the lives of patients.
Summary of Position
QurAlis is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to support and execute its cutting-edge discovery and screening efforts. The Research Associate will work closely with the QurAlis scientific and management teams to perform studies in a high quality and scientifically rigorous fashion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Cell line maintenance, expansion, and cryopreservation of human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)
- Differentiation of iPSCs into specialized neurons and glia for target validation and drug discovery efforts
- Characterization and quality control of iPSCs and iPSC-derived neurons using routine cellular and biochemical assays (immunofluorescence, imaging assays, microscopy, western blotting, qPCR).
- Process, organize, and summarize data using electronic lab notebook. This includes detailed lab records of experiments, cell line tracking and reagent management.
- Ability to improve and develop new protocols/new assays and address key questions
- Works under minimal supervision for routine activities and moderate supervision for non-routine activities
- Assist in maintenance of the cell culture facility/equipment, and the generation and implementation of standard operating procedures
- Organize an effective working schedule and prioritize tasks appropriately
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Must have scheduling flexibility to enable weekend and holiday work rotations
Minimum Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in the biological sciences with 1+ year lab experience or master’s degree with 0-2 years lab experience
- Prior experience with mammalian cell culture essential. Stem cell experience strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to interact and collaborate successfully in cross-functional teams
- Must be authorized to work legally in the United States.
QurAlis is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. QurAlis will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.