RadiaSoft is seeking a computational scientist or engineer to participate in applied research and contract R&D, for a variety of federal, academic and commercial customers.
RadiaSoft performs cutting edge R&D in a wide range of technology areas to support particle-accelerator facilities across the globe. You will be working on multiple projects involving computational science and machine learning, such as the development and implementation of new algorithms, development and use of parallel nonlinear optimization algorithms, use of machine learning techniques, and computing and visualization in a Linux environment. You will also have opportunities and support for presentation of work at conferences and the publication of journal articles.
The anticipated start date for this position is prior to October 2021. The position requires existing authorization to work for any employer in the United States, with no need for employer sponsorship. The work must be conducted within the United States.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications and skills:
1) A MS with at least 3 years of post-graduate experience in physics, engineering, or a related field
2) demonstrated expertise in the simulation of charged particle dynamics, plasma physics, electromagnetic structures, or optical systems.
3) strong software development skills, including experience with collaborative open source projects or experience with multiple approaches to parallel computing
4) interest in working on a variety of projects, in a variety of application areas, often with the need to quickly understand new types of technical challenges
Other desirable skills and experience include the following: 1) a strong machine learning background with demonstrated use of ML techniques for scientific modeling or data analysis, including expertise with convolutional neural networks and other image processing networks; 2) expertise with the development and deployment of machine learning algorithms on FPGAs; and 3) experience with RF cavities and control systems.
To avoid having your application rejected for non-compliance, please adhere to the following requirements:
1) A cover letter is required.
2) A separate PDF resume must be attached to the Indeed.com application.
3) The Indeed.com phone screening must be completed within 3 business days of the application.
RadiaSoft offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including health insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 401k with 6% 1-to-1 employer matching, and flexible hours. Opportunities are provided for long-term career development and professional success, including the possibility of funding your own research through proposal writing.
RadiaSoft is committed to developing a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status or military service.
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Bonus pay
RadiaSoft follows CDC guidelines. Employees are working from home and meetings are virtual. Standing desks and ergonomic equipment are provided for home use. We will soon move into a new office in Boulder and anticipate a hybrid working environment.
- Master’s (Required)
- Research: 3 years (Required)
- Python: 1 year (Required)