Advocacy Internship – Media Relations
RAICES is currently seeking undergraduate student interns to join our media relations team for the fall. This internship can be remote in Texas and has a concentration in Advocacy, Media Relations and Outreach. The schedule for this internship is flexible with a minimum of 10 hours per week and a maximum of 30 hours per week.
The Advocacy team focused on changing the narrative around immigration in this country. RAICES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost immigration legal services to underserved immigrant children, families and refugees. With legal services, social programs, bond assistance, and an advocacy team focused on changing the narrative around immigration in this country, RAICES is operating on the national front lines of the fight for immigrant rights.
- Assists Media Relations Specialist during actions;
- Helps coordinate interviews with press, directly impacted members and attorneys;
- Collaborates with our Advocacy department on outreach strategies;
- Tracks keeping of media clip reports; and,
- Other project related tasks and deliverables.
- Undergraduate student in a relevant degree program (Communications, Public Affairs, etc.); and,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish language skills encouraged but not required;
- Demonstrated interest in immigrant rights and in working with non-profit organizations a plus;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Commitment to social justice; and,
- Proficient in use of technology including MS Office, Google Apps and Internet research.
By interning with RAICES you will gain broad knowledge of the different components encompassing immigration law, be at the forefront of the fight for a fair immigration system, gain experience with a broad spectrum of cases related to immigration, from claims of asylum and domestic violence to petitioning for naturalization and residency, and learn about the practice of law to advocate for social change.