Development Internship – Volunteer Program
RAICES is currently seeking an undergraduate student intern to join our Development team, under the Volunteer Program, for the fall. This internship can be remote in Texas and has a concentration in Volunteerism. The schedule for this internship is flexible with a minimum of 10 hours per week and a maximum of 20 hours per week.
The Volunteer Program intern will provide hands-on support to the RAICES Volunteer Program, which drives an aspect of communication and engagement projects within the organization. The intern will be given the opportunity to work alongside members of the community/volunteer engagement team. This internship is a great opportunity for individuals who desire to gain experience and explore nonprofit administration.
RAICES is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency that promotes justice by providing free and low-cost immigration legal services to underserved immigrant children, families and refugees. With legal services, social programs, bond assistance, and an advocacy team focused on changing the narrative around immigration in this country, RAICES is operating on the national front lines of the fight for immigrant rights.
- Actively participates in Development team meetings and strategy sessions;
- Assists with preparation and day of tasks for Giving Days;
- Manages “thank yous” for groups that engage in our work through fundraisers, in kind drives, etc.;
- Researches local groups and organizations;
- Manages data input and follow-ups related to in-kind drives and fundraisers;
- Helps manage the Volunteer Email;
- Updates Email Response Template;
- Schedules phone interviews and manages interview calendar;
- Assists with Volunteer Orientations;
- Answers questions in chat during orientation;
- Assists with Internal Requests;
- Helps organize translations;
- Sends weekly volunteer check-in emails through Better Impact;
- Reads feedback from volunteers and responds to or escalates questions;
- Co-hosts monthly phone banks;
- Researches topics for trainings/webinars;
- Assists with preparing, hosting, and follow-up for Virtual Events;
- Prepares and co-host peer to peer discussion groups; and,
- Assists with relevant projects and duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate student in a relevant degree program and with an interest in nonprofit management; and,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in immigrant rights and in working with non-profit organizations a plus;
- Strong organizational and time-management skills;
- Commitment to social justice; and,
- Proficient in use of technology including MS Office, Google Apps and Internet research.
By interning with RAICES you will gain broad knowledge of the different components encompassing immigration law, be at the forefront of the fight for a fair immigration system, gain experience with a broad spectrum of cases related to immigration, from claims of asylum and domestic violence to petitioning for naturalization and residency, and learn about the practice of law to advocate for social change.