This role will be responsible for providing business and administrative support to facilitate the planning and coordination of activities, for designated projects, to ensure that the objectives of projects are accomplished. The Construction Coordinator will provide administrative support to a group, manager and/or project managers. The ideal candidate will have strong multitasking and organizational skills, and proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
In this Construction Coordinator role there will be a significant amount of word processing for reports and specifications and completing project documents. You will work closely with your designated Project Managers in setting up new projects consisting of electronic and hard copy file folders containing site specific documentation and distribute to various construction teams. You will also be involved in preparation of presentations and proposals under the direction of the assigned Project Manager (PM). You will assist the PM in keeping track of project commitments such as drawing submittal due dates, permitting, utility meter sets and any other project/client related action items. You will use your communication skills and tact to keep the team abreast of scheduled project commitments and timelines.
Supervisor: (Project Manager) All correspondences with the Project Management teams and vendors will be via email. Operations will be copied on all correspondences.
***Verbal communication without email confirmation will be at your own risk and you will be held accountable for any verbal miss communications***
Additional responsibilities but not limited to:
- Create/maintain monthly backlog spreadsheets for assigned teams
- Log and process requests for information (RFIs), submittals and payment requisitions for specific projects
- Prepare transmittals and drawings for delivery via our “Qfile” system.
- Print, collate and bind all relevant information documents pertaining to project (drawings, items for project binders, reports, specifications, etc.)
- Schedule meetings in conjunction with Operations, track attendance and record and distribute project meeting minutes
- Under direction of PM, effectively communicate job status and schedules with clients and contractors
- Prepare project documents and submit to electronic bidding entities
- Responsible for all project related organization and filing
- Organizes and express ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information
- Manages difficult issues with a clear head, finding the solution most beneficial to all concerned
- Self-directed, able to multi-task and work with minimum supervision in deadline-sensitive environment
- Ideal candidate thrives in areas of initiative, quality of work, customer focus and troubleshooting