Calling all sports fans, athletes, entrepreneurs, future CTO’s and anyone in-between. Do you love baseball, softball, or any other sport? Are you looking to be a part of an innovative and exciting tech startup that’s disrupting the sports industry? Want a job where you are paid to watch baseball and softball games all summer long? This position with Realplay Inc, may be exactly what you are looking for in order to get started in your sports, startup, operations, technology or entrepreneurial career!
As a company, Realplay has developed proprietary video recording, tagging and editing technology that is changing the way players, parents, coaches and fans interact with sports. Our system delivers video of every swing, pitch, and catch that any player makes on a baseball or softball field. Our cameras capture every moment to help players improve, share their highlights with anybody, and hold on to memories for a lifetime.
In addition to our work, we have partnered with the industry leader in ball-tracking and deep analytics technology – Rapsodo. Rapsodo is committed to helping athletes reach their full potential by providing industry leading, data-driven sports technology and tools. All 30 MLB clubs rely on Rapsodo data for player development and evaluation and this data will be a central part of this position.
Realplay and Rapsodo are currently seeking an energetic and self-driven Field Operator candidate to apply for and start the position as soon as possible! As a member of the Sports Operations team, you will get an opportunity to support business for a growing, fast-paced company doing the following:
- Attend weekend tournaments to operate proprietary data collection system
- Operate Rapsodo on field units
- Set-Up/Breakdown Equipment at start/end of shift
- Record & score games on assigned field using Realplay equipment and software
- Monitor and maintain proper camera angles to ensure quality video and data accuracy
- Communicate with supervisor and other field staff to achieve common goals
- Manage all data and video collection for an assigned field during live events
- Attend events in a timely and consistent manner
- Treat equipment properly and protect equipment from damage
- Communicate with customers and business partners at major facilities and events
- Perform general clerical and office administrative duties over the course of the week
- MUST BE AVAILABLE to work weekends, nights & holidays
- Some professional experience preferred
- Presenting a professional, clean, and respectful appearance and demeanor at live events
- Must be familiar with, if not highly competent at, scoring baseball/softball games or willing to quickly learn how
- Must have excellent, professional communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude taking on challenging work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-driven individual willing to take initiative to analyze and solve critical problems
- Comfortable working on new technology
- Easy access to car or regular transportation
Start Date: We have a rolling onboarding process, start as soon as you are ready!
Earliest Training Start Date: 04/26/2021
Earliest Operations Start Date: 04/28/2021