OVERVIEW OF ROLE
In our New York office, Redburn offers a small number of summer internships within Equity Sales & Trading. These are paid, 8-12 week opportunities during the months of June through August. If you are an outstanding junior year university student who would like to apply for an internship in New York, we invite you to submit your application on Handshake.
A carefully written cover letter is optional, but preferred.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Support senior salespeople in building relationships with a US institutional client base that invests in pan-European securities.
- Create/write sales pitches on stocks under coverage for use by the equity sales team
- Participate in a variety of ad hoc projects for the North American Sales Desk including data management and client administration.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of stocks covered by Redburn
- Translate research notes into salient selling points for clients
- Confident, outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to liaise with clients in a confident and professional manner
- Extremely detail orientated, numerate, reliable and conscientious
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Finance/economics concentration preferred
- Working knowledge and high level of interest in equity markets
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg/Reuters is a plus
- Confident using Microsoft software packages including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Since its founding fifteen years ago, Redburn has grown to become Europe’s largest independent equities broker, providing institutional investors with quality research and agency execution. Our independence offers a compelling alternative to the integrated investment banking model. Our strong entrepreneurial culture is the catalyst for intellectual freedom and first class client service. Redburn is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston, Paris, and Madrid.