Ideal Candidate: Enjoys using Adobe Creative Suite to create consumable, aesthetic, on-brand documents, collateral, and images, translating information into visual design. Solid technical and artistic skills, as well as a team player with a passion for community. Pay commensurate with experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications
· Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
· Proven experience and skills necessary to perform the requirements of the position, including educational and/or applied work experience. Portfolio will be requested if selected for interview.
· We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not currently able to sponsor visas.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for creating visual content for communications and programmatic needs. This is a full-time, exempt position, working on-site in our downtown Rockford, Illinois office.
Illustrative examples of work to be performed include:
· Supports the implementation of high-quality, consistent, identifiable agency brand, identity, and messages
· Prepares content, infographics, publications, and presentations to enhance interest and comprehension
· Creates plans and reports that visually, effectively communicate information through design aesthetic, images, graphs, charts
· Develops image library by collecting and taking photographs for agency use
· Supports the administration of the agency website and social media accounts
· Assists with the design and dissemination of email campaigns
· Works with staff members to develop project, program, and client development collateral
· Develops and applies skills and experience into other communications projects and service areas.
Critical knowledge and fundamental skills required for the position, include:
· Strong attention to detail with ability to prepare quality graphics, reports, presentations, and other collateral
· Highly computer literate with Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, digital marketing platforms, website content management system(s), social media administration, and various applications as necessary to perform the responsibilities of the position
· Strategic, creative mindset
· Ability to appropriately prioritize responsibilities, complete work in a timely manner, and meet deadlines
Region 1 Planning Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion.