Social Media and Web Content Associate
Religions for Peace International
About The Job:
As the Social Media and Web Content Associate, you will be in charge of ensuring all the content on our social media channels and our website is up-to-date, including the website landing page, the blog, the event calendar, Facebook page, Constant Contact, Twitter Thread, Youtube and Photo Archive.
The Social Media and Web Content Associate will be a self-starter, strictly disciplined about posting and updating material in a timely fashion. They understand how to use WordPress and Facebook and how to coordinate campaigns (like fundraising or awareness campaigns) on owned media.
A typical day might include:
- Sending a message to the entire team to see if they have any content they would like advertised on social media.
- Updating the event calendar on WordPress to reflect upcoming webinars.
- Creating graphics in Canva, following examples or previously designed templates.
- Updating our landing page in WordPress.
- Sending a broadcast message in Constant Contact to our listservs.
- Creating a Facebook post; creating a twitter post. Reporting trends to the Director of Communications and Fundraising.
You will not be coding, but will need to know how to use the following tools:
WordPress, Canva, Facebook, Constant Contact (very similar to Mail Chimp) Twitter, Buffer.
The position is great for someone who likes to work from home and work independently but can be relied on to deliver content in a timely fashion.
• High-level understanding of analytics and tagging to convey how content is performing, and to optimize the websites based on this analysis •
2-4 years experience managing and developing web content
• Strong attention to detail and language •
• Strong command of language and grammar
• Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field a plus