Relix Media Group, Dayglo Presents, The Capitol Theatre, Rock and Roll Playhouse & FANS.com are currently seeking interns with the desire to learn the ins and outs of the music industry this semester. Dayglo’s internship program is unpaid (college credit available) but offers students or recent grads valuable hands-on experience in a fast-paced and exciting environment. The internship also includes campaigns outside the office at some of the top concerts and music festivals in New York and surrounding areas. We are looking for reliable, driven music fans who have a desire to work hard and take initiative on tasks/projects as well as collaborate with others.
– Maintaining and increasing the unique website views and media presence of Dayglo, Relix Magazine, The Rock & Roll Playhouse, Brooklyn Bowl, The Capitol Theatre, Lockn’ Festival, etc.
– Executing larger and smaller projects. We are looking for someone who is hungry and willing to contribute to assigned projects in any capacity.
– Researching and developing new media lists and maintaining/updating existing media lists. Must have the ability to creatively scour different mediums (i.e. via internet, alternate publications, etc.)
– Executing promotion of company articles and events to bands, labels, management companies, venues, partnerships, etc.
– Assisting in the writing and editing process of articles, social content, and other important materials
– Evaluating and compiling new audience media reach opportunities
– Reaching out to media through email, phone, and in person in both a proactive and reactive fashion
– 2-3 days per week required
– Passion for music and in the process of getting a degree in the music industry (actively pursuing a career in the music industry) is a plus
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Exceptional interpersonal skills
– Ability to multitask efficiently and work under deadlines
– Organized, detail oriented
– Proficient in Microsoft Office products
– Prior knowledge of bands, brands, and events is a plus!
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.