Relix Magazine is currently seeking a Sales/Advertising intern with the desire to learn the ins and outs of the music industry this semester. Relix Media Group’s Sales & Advertising Internship program is unpaid but offers students or recent grads valuable hands-on experience in a fast-paced and exciting environment. The internship also includes campaigns outside the office at some of the top concerts and music festivals in New York Metro-Area and various surrounding areas. We are looking for reliable, driven music fans who have a desire to work hard and take initiative on tasks/projects as well collaborate with others. If this describes you, please send us your resume and cover letter!
– Executing larger and smaller projects. We are looking for someone who is hungry and willing to contribute to assigned projects in any capacity.
– Prospecting new clients. Must have the ability to creatively scour different mediums (i.e. via the internet, alternate publications, etc…)
– Updating accounts. Must have outstanding organizational skills since they will be sifting through thousands of clients and organizing contact info into Excel docs.
– In-depth research into bands, brands, and events of all sizes.
– Support in developing new and maintaining current client relationships. Must be professional when reaching out via email and phone.
– 2-3 days per week required
– Knowledge of Microsoft office is a must
– Passion for music and is in the process of getting a degree in the music industry (actively pursuing a career in the music industry) is a plus!
– Prior knowledge of bands, brands, and events is a plus!
– Experience in a consumer-facing position is a plus!
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.