Dayglo Presents is looking for a video intern with experience in not only editing, but motion graphics software like After Effects. They will be creating video ads using animation templates, footage, and audio to support events at The Capitol Theatre, Brooklyn Bowl, Relix, FANS, Lockn’, and more! They will work closely with the Director of Video to practice & develop new skills to compile professional video assets for multiple areas in the music industry.
The ideal candidate will major in audio/visual production, be proficient in Adobe After Effects and Premeire, have a solid understanding of graphic design & typography, and be able to produce compelling video ads. This internship is a great opportunity for the right candidate to expand their knowledge of video marketing & motion graphics. By the end of the semester, they will have expanded their knowledge of the full landscape of media with a particular focus on its distribution applications.
Check out this video to get an idea of what we do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-PWPbmjJZU
This position is fully remote and school credit is available.
– Learning, practicing and improving upon the entire media production process, including animated typography, footage editing, transitions, as well as preparing media files for final consumption on social media.
– Focusing on animating text using provided template packages in After Effects
– Contributing to the evolving use of media at Dayglo Presents by collaborating with departments, venues, and individuals across the company on creative projects and initiatives
-Managing the Relix YouTube channel and optimizing videos
– Previous post-production experience with a proven track record of success; preferably at least one year of experience at the college level
– College major with course work in fields such as media, communications, design, advertising, film, and/or video production
– Computer savvy with the ability to learn new software and systems quickly and to integrate different computer and size formats into a single media file
– Proficiency in Adobe After Effects
– Exposure to, and interest in, audio/visual technology
– Ability to visualize how to tell a compelling story from start to finish; strong sense of aesthetic creativity
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability and desire to work collaboratively; ability to build constructive and effective relationships
– Strong attention to detail, with the ability to identify connections and relationships between data points
– Ability to perceive risks and make decisions quickly, often with incomplete information; able to devise logical and right-sized solutions to problems under tight deadlines
– Aptitude for remaining composed and confident under pressure
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.